Kia ora koutou

As participants in the 2017 CLeaR Fellowship we, Esther Fitzpatrick and Alys Longley, are organising a writing as inquiry workshop for Wednesday 21st June.

Venue Epsom Campus room H205.

Morning tea and Lunch will be provided.

The aim is to develop collegiality amongst academics who engage in Laurel Richardson’s writing as a method of inquiry.

I do not have catchy or simple answers. I know that when I move deeply into my writing, both my compassion for others and my actions on their behalf increase. My writing moves me into an independent space where I see more clearly the interrelationships between and among peoples worldwide. (Laurel Richardson, 2005, p. 967)

The workshops will enable participants to engage in a series of writing activities throughout the period of one work day to share their knowledge and skill. The activities will be facilitated by colleagues who publish and work with ‘writing as a method of inquiry’ using a variety of writing technologies. And are designed to engage participants in sharing their ideas, exploring new ideas, and creating writing.

9am.                      Writing as a method of inquiry: Esther Fitzpatrick & Alys Longley

10am.                    Writing creative non-fiction: Paula Morris

Morning break

11am.                    Poetry as a method of inquiry: Katie Fitzpatrick & Esther Fitzpatrick

Lunch break

12.30pm.              Moving and body writing: Alys Longley

1.30pm.                 Writing through drama: Molly Mullen

2.30pm                  Reflective session

3.30pm                 Finish

Please RSVP Esther Fitzpatrick e.fitzpatrick@auckland.ac.nz if you intend to participate for the day or one of the sessions. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Skip menu